Master of Business Administration or MBA Accounting is a 2-year postgraduate program which is focused primarily on accounting and taxation concepts. Some of the common courses taken during this program are Financial Accounting, Tax Planning, Auditing, Business Strategy, Cost Accounting, Financial Reporting and Business Analysis, Accounting for Complex Financial Structures and similar few more.
There are plenty of options available for graduates after MBA Accounting. Some well-recognized and popular options among them are –
- It provide students with the required credit hours and knowledge to take and pass the CPA certification (Certified Public Accountant)
- Potential to get higher remunerations and additional incentives as accounting field is in top demand these days.
- Work as Financial Managers – They oversee and direct the financial development of the business and ensures risks are handled proactively. Financial managers can work in a variety of industries from healthcare to banks or insurance companies.
- Work as Auditor – They are responsible for reviewing all the financial documents of the company and ensuring that they comply with internal policies, ethical standards, and legal requirements. Since auditing is crucial to the financial health of any corporation, we see top leading firms such as Deloitte, Ernst & Young and more similar ones regularly recruit MBA holders specialized in accounting to conduct external audits.
- Work as Personal Financial Advisors – They can help people or mini companies in terms of finance management, where they assist them on how to invest money, save for future purpose and handle tax related operations as well.
- Work as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – This is a top management job role which is responsible for handling the entire finances of any corporation and has a final word on any financial related judgement. This requires a good amount of field experience and excellent industry skills to ensure that the overall financial budgeting and predictive financial analysis of a company is always kept up to the higher standards.
- In addition, there are lot of valuable certifications in the accounting sector which will add a lot of demand for such certified professionals. Some top certifications are CFA, CMA, ACCA and many more.